Saturday, October 18, 2008

Web 2.0 and its future in the Library

Even though I can't say that the computer is one of my favourite tools (except for doing a bit of shopping on Strawberry) I do feel that it is going to be the future for libraries. People seem to be constantly searching for knowledge and I have to admit that in some ways I think that being able to access that information so easily via the computer is a great thing. So many teenagers who don't have parents that are comfortable talking about some of lifes most important subjects can now find out for themselves the information that they need, some families still can't afford the luxury of having a home computer so this is where the library comes in. In the new world of technology the simple fact of libraries providing the community with a very important service (free computer use) is a really great thing.

No comments: